Photo rejuvenation is today’s modern take on improving our skin’s overall health and appearance. Also commonly referred to as IPL, this non-surgical treatment utilizes light-based energy in performing photo facials. Since photo rejuvenation is customizable, meeting your unique needs can be a piece of cake.
Address common skin concerns like age spots, wrinkles, brown patches, sun damage, freckles, and rosacea, unwanted on your face and neck area. Prompt your skin’s natural healing process, boost collagen production, and renew your skin with photo rejuvenation. Let’s know more about this skin procedure and see if it’s the one for you.
Photo Rejuvenation Therapy – What is it?
As one of today’s popular skin treatments, photo rejuvenation uses light and laser technology. This technique uses Alma’s Harmony XL PRO laser and rejuvenates your skin. This modern approach gives your skin a smoother and younger-looking glow and feels\.
Two (2) known broadband light types are used during photo rejuvenation procedures: IPL and LED. Both of these types do deep skin penetration and stimulate dormant skin cells. At the same time, these light types encourage the development of new collagen and elastin.
Intense-Pulsed Light (IPL)
- a broad-spectrum light emitting powerful and high-intensity light energy pulses
- it deeply penetrates the epidermis, causing the constriction of blood vessels and collagen fibers without harming your skin’s surface layer
- it effectively treats skin conditions because red blood cells and melanin immediately absorb the light deep into the skin once targeted
- precisely damages targeted areas after being directed
- photo rejuvenation results in broken up pigmentation while simultaneously speeding up cell turnover
- this broad-spectrum frequency effectively transforms the once red, patchy, sun-damaged skin towards a fairer and even complexion
- you can also use it to enhance numerous issues in skin discoloration like pigmented vascular lesions, such as telangiectasia and port wine stains, also pigmented skin scars and spots, fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, and dark hair
- this procedure uses light energy to target particular skin areas
- due to its comprehensive range employment of wavelengths, experts usually use it to treat those who suffer from various skin discoloration concerns over a single huge space like the face, chest, arms, or back
Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
- it is in contrast with the broad-spectrum light of IPL therapy
- LED photo rejuvenation facials utilize various colors and wavelengths
- it precisely targets the particular issues of the skin being treated
- similar to IPL, this therapy type also breaks up pigmentation for easier absorption
- very effective in diminishing the appearance of brown spots and other melanin-related concerns
Photo Rejuvenation Procedure
The process of photo rejuvenation therapy is quite simple. Before your procedure begins, practitioners will give protective eye shields to you inside the treatment room. Then, they will apply a cold gel to your face. Your doctor or healthcare provider practitioner will administer the IPL handpiece all over the treated area. Feeling some discomfort is normal. Sessions are quick—sometimes lasting 20 minutes or less. Photo rejuvenation treatments rarely last longer than an hour.
Once your session is finished, any remaining gel will be removed and wiped away from your face. Then doctors will place a cold compress and sunscreen on your treated area. You should expect to see and experience some redness for a few hours. But these after-effects will naturally fade away. You may again safely apply makeup to the affected area right away.
Benefits of Photo Rejuvenation
Because of its little to no downtime and some side effects, experts are increasingly resorting to photo rejuvenation therapy to repair skin with sun damage and its tone and texture. Here are the most common benefits you can receive from photo rejuvenation treatments:
- it is safe and noninvasive
- sessions are usually done within an hour or less
- helps reduce redness and hyperpigmentation
- eliminates fine lines and wrinkles
- gives you that younger-looking appearance
- reverses all sorts of photodamage
- targets acne-causing bacteria
- lessens instances, and the frequency of breakouts
- reduces inflammation as it increases the target area’s blood circulation
In addition, IPL therapy can treat common conditions, including acne, broken capillaries, spider veins, and rosacea.
What to Expect from Photo Rejuvenation
To achieve only the optimal results possible, following all instructions from your doctor or healthcare provider regarding your photo rejuvenation therapy is essential.
Before the Treatment
- Avoid exposure to the sun and use tanning beds for at least a month before your therapy to reduce any issues related to the administered light’s ability to target brown pigmentation.
- Lessen your alcohol, ibuprofen, and aspirin intake for one (1) week before your scheduled treatment.
- Let the people handling your medical concerns know if you’re taking or have taken antibiotics or blood thinners and if you’ve used Accutane during the past year.
- LED photo rejuvenation facials require no preparations.
Day of Treatment
- Avoid wearing makeup or applying any skin care products to the skin area being treated.
- LED treatments offer no discomfort whatsoever. While IPL ones may give a little sensation here and there, it’s normal, so there is no need to worry.
- While other procedures can be seen following the Harmony XL PRO session, you can expect optimal results to start manifesting after some time. Typically, photo rejuvenation results happen 3-6 months after completing an entire series of treatments. Although results vary for every patient, you will still begin seeing notable improvements in your skin’s tone, texture, and overall clarity and appearance.
Photo Rejuvenation Results
You should start seeing a more even skin tone after your treatment. In addition, there will be a considerable decrease in the unwanted appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, brown spots, and sun damage.
Based on evenly spaced three (3) treatments one (1) month apart, the full results of your photo rejuvenation should become noticeable in 3–5 months. However, some improvements will already be visible roughly one (1) week after completing each session.
Final Thoughts on Photo Rejuvenation
Photo rejuvenation therapy is best suited for those who have light skin types and have some degree of skin elasticity. Most experts agree that this treatment is most beneficial in addressing the more superficial skin concerns and issues like wrinkles, fine lines, acne, and pigmentation.
Always consult the medical experts first before undergoing any procedure. Photo rejuvenation can work its best if you know it is the treatment you need for your skin problems and challenges.
Do you want to experience photo rejuvenation? Our amazing friends at RAW Aesthetics and Wellness can help you today. Visit them now! https://rawaestheticsandwellness.com/