It encourages your skin’s natural production of collagen and elastin, reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles, sunspots, acne scars, and other signs of aging. Microneedling also helps your skincare products work more effectively by allowing them to penetrate deep into the skin.
Microneedling is one of our favorite skin rejuvenating treatments. Microneedling is a gentler anti-aging therapy than other forms of skin resurfacing, such as lasers.
- Microneedling is also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT).
- Microneedling produces microscopic channels in the skin to help stimulate the body’s natural healing process and create a thickening of the skin by up to 80%. Scars, fine lines, and wrinkles can be visibly reduced with no injections, incisions, or downtime required.
- Though primarily used for facial rejuvenation, microneedling can be used nearly anywhere on the body.
- Unlike most other resurfacing therapies, microneedling is generally safe and effective on all skin types and tones.
- Microneedling is an excellent solution for patients who want to find a happy medium between mild chemical peels and more involved laser resurfacing.
Does It Hurt?
Microneedling is a quick treatment that doesn’t require incisions or downtime. Your skin may look red (like a mild sunburn) or feel warm, rough or tight during the first day or two following your treatment. A numbing cream is applied, making it a very comfortable treatment.
How Does It Work?
Microneedling devices have 12 sterile surgical-grade needle tips that create a precise, controlled injury to the skin. Needle depth and speed are adjusted throughout the treatment to ensure safety and efficacy. It is safe for most skin types, and because the pen settings are variable, the procedure can be customized to ensure that each patient receives precisely the rejuvenation they require for maximum results.
The process of microneedling slightly thickens the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and melasma or sunspots. Be sure to avoid sun exposure, excessive heat, and retinoids for the time your aestheticianprescribes after your treatment.
Following a series of 3 to 6 microneedling treatments spaced approximately every 4 to 6 weeks, you should see firmer, lifted, naturally rejuvenated skin in the treated areas. We will develop a treatment regimen customized to your skin’s unique needs to help minimize pore size, improve the appearance of preexisting scars, and reduce the appearance of sunspots and melasma.
Many patients see results like smoother, softer skin within a few days, and the results will continue to improve over 4-6 weeks.